Monday, April 14, 2014

Women In California Asking For Help

The inmate's name has been omitted for her safety* I will just call her M.
M's Letter In Part*
  She Wrote To Me Begging To Get Them Help. M is being housed at CIW in Corona Ca.
Her Letter Reads>
"The staff here seems to warrant violence~There were a few girls fighting , it was   really bad they even cut one inmate. Instead of moving one or more of them. They are keeping them in the same unit.
The one that cut the other did not even go to Ad-Seg. Some of them have black eyes from being beat up all the time. Yet the staff is not moving them to safety, nor taking the abusers out.
It is very violent here at night, you can hear the fighting, screaming & later crying & staff does not
stop it, they do not intervene at all.  Staff hangs out right out side our windows & never come to see if anyone is hurt. There are 7 women with their faces all beat. Cuts & bruses, black eyes.One was beat so severly eyeis swollen shut.
My mind is on the brink of a break down.  I can not take this for much longer.
Please call up here or ask someone to please come help us.
 I was returning to my cell  when a staff member appeared out of no where, she grabbed my wrist and started dragging me behind her down the hall , she was yelling "you do not belong out here".
"It was not necessary to use force on me I would of went to her or stopped walking had she asked me to.
I have put in a complaint but I fear now they will start messing with me or allow another inmate to beat me.
This is a small setting & all the shady, violent stuff should not be going on like this.
Girls are written up all the time no matter how hard to keep good time.
Right after going to the bathroom they came in & demanded a urine sample,
the woman said she couldn't pee but would try. The sample was to small~she was written up.
Everyone is locked down every day for 22 hours a day. We have no visitation or  time  out side, just another way to  of us in lock down 23 hours a day,. I am becoming so depressed, I just don't know how much more I can stand.
We have No Voice, There Is No One To Help Us. PLEASE HELP!
 M. From C.I.W.
------------
This is one of the two letters that were written from Central California's prisons.
The other inmate: Just writes the CO beat me up pretty badly while I was in the SHU at CIW. They ten transferred me to CCWF for my safety
Please try to reach my folks for me, I am not allowed phone calls because they have placed me in Isolation here also.  Please, I need  them to know I have been moved again & what has happened to me.
 Signed E.G   at CCWF In Chowchilla Ca.  

No comments:

Post a Comment