Sunday, October 13, 2013

Raped at Eastern Mississippi Correctional Facility in Meridian, MS

Private Prisons . I Was Raped at East Mississippi Correctional Facility By Anonymous Prisoner, East Mississippi Correctional Facility at 2:20pm My name is ______ and I am 23 years old and although my past criminal record isn't at its best, at heart I'm still a great kid! After being locked up for about six months, I suffered from something many young males would hate to speak on and that's rape. I was raped at Eastern Mississippi Correctional Facility in Meridian, MS. I was beat brutally and faced several facial and rectum injuries from this attack. I was raped, robbed, and assaulted by several other prisoners was held hostage due to the attack in a cell. I was threatened with knives and tormented by these inmates for several hours. I was raped from 11:30pm @nite until 3:30am in the morning by one other prisoner. As he raped me continuously all I could do was cry because one false move and I knew this guy would take my life. After being a victim of rape by another male I am suffering still from anxiety, depression and stress issues because of this attack. I fault the reason that I'm in prison today. If I had one wish I would wish that I never violated the law and shoplifting, which is what got me in prison. I've always wanted to live a normal life and hang out with friends and enjoy. But due to this tragic incident that happened to me all I want to do is speak out to others that are suffering from what I went through and let them know it's okay to speak up and tell someone because no one should be violated of their sexual personal space. I was hurt very badly and sometimes I feel like it's my fault but at the end of the day I know it wasn't. Again my name is ______ and I too was a victim of rape. This blog post was adapted from a handwritten letter the victim sent to the ACLU. Click here to read the complete letter. https://www.aclu.org/prisoners-rights/east-mississippi-correctional-facility-anonymous-prisoner-letter Today, the ACLU, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the Law Offices of Elizabeth Alexander filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of prisoners at the East Mississippi Correctional Facility (EMCF), describing the for-profit prison as hyper-violent, grotesquely filthy and dangerous. Without sufficient staff to protect prisoners, rapes, beatings, and stabbings are rampant. https://www.aclu.org/blog/prisoners-rights-human-rights/i-was-raped-east-mississippi- correctional-facility

No comments:

Post a Comment